The Borneo Project works to bring stories about Borneo into the media to increase awareness about issues affecting the island, biodiversity, indigenous rights, and climate change.
If you are interested in covering topics related to Borneo, or are interested in learning about issues impacting the region, please contact Tara Holmes, our Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com or at 1.413.551.9084.
Borneo Project Staff & Board Publications & Features:
- “Defending Rivers and the Communities that Rely on Them“, Earth Island Journal, Summer, 2012
- “Don’t Ignore REDD’s Impact on Communities“, Borneo Orangutan Survival Australia, Fall 2011
- “Rumble in the Jungle“, Earth Island Journal, Winter 2013
- “Strengthening Women’s Participation through Collective Action in Inclusive Decision-Making Processes” CGIAR/ CAPRi working Papers, 2005
- “The Role of Government Support in the Evolution of Village-level Collective Action” CIFOR Publications, 2006
- “REDD and Community Engagement”, NO REDD, published by Carbon Trade Watch, 2010-2012
- “Is it Possible for Communities to Benefit from REDD?” Inside Indonesia (online), 2010
- Sierra Club Radio Interview, Producer: Orly Cotel
- Care2 Causes, Various Posts, Spring 2012
- Social and Environmental Risks of the Implementation of REDD+; ONF International, Paris, July 2010
- San Francisco Energy Cooperative, Various Posts, Spring 2012
- Cambridge Energy Alliance, Various Posts, 2009-2012