The Borneo Project brings international attention and support to community-led efforts to defend forests, sustainable livelihoods, and human rights. We believe that protecting human rights and environmental integrity in Borneo is a critical component of the global movement for a just and peaceful world.
We work from the ground up to protect the indigenous land, livelihoods, and cultures of Sarawak through strategic support, capacity building, media outreach, and networking.
The Borneo Project is looking for a motivated intern who is interested in exploring the world of international solidarity activism, environmental justice, and non-profit administration. We are currently looking for a self-motivated intern to join our 2 person U.S. team and learn about social media work from our Communications and Media Manager.
As part of a small team, the intern can be involved in many aspects of project
management depending on interest. This is a 3-6 month unpaid internship idea for a college or graduate student. This position requires a minimum of 4 hours/week. Interns must be based in the Bay Area.
This is a great opportunity for someone to learn the basics of social media and communications in environmental non-profit work.
Interns will be expected to:
• Generate creative and engaging content for social media
• Use social media scheduling tools and help develop messaging
• Learn how to remotely assist field partners with social media
• Actively engage and participate in organizational events
The ideal candidate:
• Will have strong writing and communication skill
• Will be comfortable working independently and as part of a small team
• Will have a passion for human rights and the environment
• Will be familiar with grassroots organizing
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.