Communications and Development Internship
The Borneo Project brings international attention and support to community-led efforts to defend forests, sustainable livelihoods, and human rights. We believe that protecting human rights and environmental integrity in Borneo is a critical component of the global movement for a just and peaceful world. We have worked for over twenty years to help Borneo’s rainforest communities protect their lands, livelihoods, and cultures for generations to come.
The Borneo Project is looking for a motivated intern who is interested in exploring the world of international solidarity activism, environmental justice, and non-profit administration. We are currently looking for a self-motivated intern to join our 2 person U.S. team and assist our Communications Coordinator with communications, development, and social media work. As part of a small team, this intern will be involved in many aspects of project management, and must be excited about taking on a range of tasks that can change frequently based on weekly priorities.
This is a 3-6 month internship that comes with a $200/month stipend. This position requires 15 hours/week, with a minimum of 4 hours/week in the office. Interns must be based in the Bay Area.
Tasks will include (but are not limited to):
Communications and Development
- Research and compose relevant and timely blog posts, linking to all social media platforms
- Generate creative and engaging media for social media, in accordance with Borneo Project protocols
- Lead social media outreach efforts to grow our base; link up with similar organizations
- Assist with graphic design as needed
- Update Borneo Project website as needed
- Assist with organizational events and outreach as needed
- Research foundations and prospect donors for potential organizational grants
- Help identify and coordinate organizational events and outreach
- Lead recruitment for events, including developing materials, Facebook event pages, etc
- Actively engage and participate in organizational events
- Update donor database (Salesforce) with new contacts and donations
- Process and send out donor acknowledgement (thank-you) letters
The ideal candidate:
- Will have solid experience with WordPress and Salesforce
- Will have experience building and growing a Facebook and Twitter audience for an organization
- Will have graphic design skills (InDesign, etc)
- Will have strong writing and communication skills
- Will be comfortable working independently and as part of a small team
- Will have a passion for human rights and the environment
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Open deadline.